Call For Applications: Summer 2018 TTEF Cohort
The Transformative Teacher-Educator Fellowship program (TTEF) is pleased to announce its call for applications for the 2018 cohort.
TTEF is a selective program for scholars of teacher education interested in issues of social justice, transformative practices, and the role of social networks and collaboration in professional learning. Through engaging in collaborative research, re-designing coursework, and working with leading educational innovators, Fellows work to transform teacher education to better cultivate the agency, critical praxis, and leadership of the next generation of teachers.
What do TTEF Fellows do?
- Attend a Summer Institute to deepen their learning in teacher education and develop teacher inquiry projects (2018 Summer institute is 7/7-7/14/18)
- Share research and teaching inquiries with other Fellows throughout the year.
- Publish their research in a joint co-edited volume, and have opportunities to collaborate on related publications and conference presentations.
- Network with lead scholars in cutting-edge educational research and practices.
How do I apply?
- Complete application form (available here).
- Submit application, CV, and letter of endorsement from your Dean or Chair to: admin @ transformativeteachered.com
- Applications are due February 15th, 2018
Room, board, and workshop materials/texts are provided for Fellows during their stay. Fellows will also the opportunity to apply for TTEF inquiry project funding up to $1500.
We seek scholars from a diverse range of disciplines and backgrounds, and we encourage scholars of color and women to apply.
Applications are competitive. The following criteria are used to determine acceptance to the program:
- Applicant has a record of commitment to teaching for social justice and equity in education.
- Applicant demonstrates curiosity about new approaches and practices in teaching and teacher leadership.
- Applicant presents specific ideas for teacher inquiry work and transformation of practice.
- Applicant can commit to work on research publications related to their teacher inquiry work.
If you are a graduate student, consider applying to be a Summer Institute Volunteer.